Join & get involved
If you are interested in the documentation of art and design or the provision of library and information services to artists, designers, architects and other practitioners then ARLIS is the society for you.
Membership of ARLIS brings many benefits:
- Network with fellow professionals in the field
- Receive and exchange information and ideas with colleagues
- Access a range of continuing professional development events and activities and receive member-only discounts
- Keep up-to-date with professional developments via the Art Libraries Journal*
- Attend the ARLIS/UK & Ireland Annual Conference
- Apply for ARLIS travel grants to pursue a research interest or an exchange
* International premier journal of the art library profession. ARLIS also regularly publishes books on specialist areas of interest (members are also entitled to discounts on these publications).
Personal Membership (including unwaged options)
Personal membership** application form (89KB)
When your application form has been processed and you have received an invoice, payment options include bank transfer, cheque and PayPal -
** UK taxpayers can now Gift Aid their personal membership, simply fill in a Gift Aid form (341KB PDF) and forward for the attention of the ARLIS Business Manager to the address below.ARLIS personal membership is tax deductible. If you wish to claim tax relief on this, please download the tax relief form PDF (162KB)(Word 252KB ).
Please submit your application for membership by email to: email@example.com.
Printed applications accompanied by cheque or standing order can be addressed to:
Joseph RIPP, Acting ARLIS Membership Secretary
Heinz Archive & Library
National Portrait Gallery
St Martin’s Place
London WC2H 0HE
Applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Institutional (UK and Overseas) membership
UK & Ireland and Overseas institutional membership application form (87KB)
Please note - to obtain an institutional membership of ARLIS, the above application form needs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org AND Cambridge University Press, Journals Customer Services - email@example.com. CUP will supply the ALJ directly and will also deal with billing. ARLIS will however still need member details in order to create a Directory entry. You will also be notified of events and publication launches.
As a member, there are lots of ways to get involved with ARLIS: